- Spice rub:
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cedar or alder grilling plank, soaked for 1 hour
- 4 salmon fillets
- Preheat the grill.
- To prepare the spice rub, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture over top of salmon. Place salmon skin side down on plank. Place plank on grill. Cook, covered, until salmon flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes.
VARIATION: For plain plank-grilled salmon, rub the salmon with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, and grill.
Recipe by Judith Dern
Videos You Might Also Like