- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 (12- to 14-pound) turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Recipe by Marge Perry.
- To prepare the glaze, combine cornstarch and half the pomegranate juice in a small saucepan; stir until cornstarch dissolves. Stir in remaining juice, honey, vinegar and cardamom. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, whisking until smooth.
- To prepare the turkey, preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey and rinse, inside and out, with cold water. Pat dry. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Coat a rack and shallow roasting pan with cooking spray; place turkey breast side up on the rack. Roast 1 1/2 hours; rotate pan and roast 1 hour. Brush about half the glaze over entire surface; return to oven. Roast 10 minutes longer; repeat with remaining glaze and roast 10 minutes longer or until turkey reaches 165F. Let turkey stand 10 minutes before carving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: